Retail Experience Lab
Driving companies towards a digital and sustainable transition by transferring knowledge and research into an applied framework.
A transformation process characterises the current retail competitive context due to a combined effect of social, technological, economic, and cultural processes. The emergence of pervasive connectivity, more intuitive interfaces and new interactive channels drive retail innovation and affect customer behavior and expectations simultaneously. New integrated channels evolve into complex omnichannel networks, facilitated by the impact of mobile and social media’s role in returning to a Seamless Customer Experience within which consumers move freely with consistent narrative experiences. At the same time, digital transformation can nurture and foster the required sustainable transition and redefine new circular and responsible business models. Within this framework, the omnichannel architecture breaks the integrity of traditional channels by returning to a new retail paradigm and encouraging strategic design experimentation with new formats, concepts, augmented experiences and more sustainable solutions. In this context, the Retail Experience Lab aims to drive companies towards a digital and sustainable transition by transferring knowledge and scientific research into an applied framework for SMEs, retailers, municipalities and professionals. Through a design-driven approach and thanks to an interdisciplinary partners’ network, the Retail Experience Lab enhances innovation in the fields of:
- store concept and format development, providing expertise in brand briefing and contextual analysis, strategic asset definition and concept development.
- customer experience in omnichannel convergence, providing expertise in the target audience definition, user journey modelling and seamless customer experience strategic development.
- phygital in-store experience, with expertise in strategic product-system offering, augmented store concepting and technological integration advisor.
- branding and transmedia storytelling, with expertise in brand DNA analysis and strategic competitive positioning, consistent narrative storytelling management, and content creation.
- research: the Lab cooperates with diverse academic and business partners promoting the transfer of scientific research results to enterprises, public institutions, and citizens.
- consultancy: the Lab offers consultancy services to companies (SMEs and retailers) by using and activating collaborations with technical and/or scientific partners in order to help companies promote innovation in the retail sector.
- living lab: the Lab acts as a facilitator to gather the territories and citizens’ instances to promote new valuable models of co-creation and stakeholders’ involvement with a user-centred approach.
- training: the Lab offers different training and educational formats for professionals, companies, and sector organizations (master classes, design workshops, and tailored in presence/online courses).